auto backlight setting not working...

schollianmj

Member
So I set my Iphone5's backlight at where I want it, then i turn on Auto-Brightness, but the auto never does anything... is this just my phone or is it due to Ios 6?
 
sensor isnt blocked. it really dont matter, other than its a function that SHOULD work on my phone that isnt. i still get great battery life, reallly have no issues with seeing the screen, just I know it isnt working...
 
I didn't think mine was working either, I tried covering the top with my hand and nothing happened. Go into a dark room, then shine a flashlight at the top of the phone. You should see the screen brighten.
 
When set on Auto it dims upon entering a dark room and brightens when I enter bright room. Why not the other way around?
 
in a dark room you dont need full brightness. even on dim in a dark room you can see the screen just fine. and in a bright environment you need the screen brighter to be able to see it.
 
on my iphone 5 with 6.0.1 it doesnt work. i mean its not like i use the function anyway but i tried it, and it didnt work
 
It clearly seems inconsistent. I keep finding posts talking about how to set it correctly, but it simply doesn't work consistently, and a majority of the time if it auto adjusts brighter after being unlocked, it won't auto adjust back down again.
 
I am still w 4S not a single problem!

I browse through these debating on the 5.... But may just wait for 5S or 6 lol whatever is next!
Shouldn't be too long!
One upgrade now than 3 in match LOL
 

Latest posts

Back
Top