What's new

Cannot get Message notification when connected to car

Jeff Walters

Reaction score
I have a 2020 GMC Acadia And a IPhone 7. When in the car I use my infotainment system to handle calls and text messages since it is against the law to handle the phone while driving. As soon as the phone connected by Bluetooth, it goes into car mode and will not allow any message sound. I’ve noticed that I can receive calls and hear the ring however for messages, I do not get the notification sound. I get the banner on the lock screen.I have IOS 13.6.1. I have turned off car play (Because I use Google Maps for navigation) which fixed the issue for a few days and then it returned. It’s interesting but when I use my wife’s 2020 GMC Terrain, there is no problem. The phone does not go into car mode.
I really need to hear messages coming in. Is there something I am missing?
Thanks,
Jeff

Your phone is preventing your distractions while driving. That’s all.

Is there a way to stop this? It only happens in my car. When driving my wife’s car it’s fine.

Go to Settings - Do Not Disturb - Do Not Disturb While Driving - Activate, and set it to Manually.

Hi J.A.
I have done this but it doesn’t make a difference. I have literally done everything that I can find online to no avail.
Jeff