Google Calendar question on iphone ios Iphone 13, 16.2 regarding Notifications please...

Google Calendar question on iphone ios Iphone 13, 16.2 regarding Notifications please...

pcumming

Reaction score
I notice two things - On Samsung phone I had for years with Google Calendar if I set up an event with no notification in advance (no minutes set)--I would still get a notif on Samsung phone to let me know.
Could be like "Weekly Meeting", "Call Jim", Look at Bank account", "Take out trash", "Wife's birthday" etc... Never set up a reminder/task. I put everything in events.
So I noticed on my iphone that there is no notification of the event IF I do not set a time notification prior to the event. Even a minute would work and I would get a notification.
So I guess with new iPhone I will have to default notification on some events to 1 minute or something. Same if I want it to appear on Desktop PC. ??????????????????????????

I think I have all settings right on iphone for Google Calendar and do include "ON", Time Sensitive events" or that might be in apple calendar on iphone which I have off as of this writing. Been trying everything. I am signed in to Google.
I did shut off notifications from the iphone Calendar which I do not use so I do not get duplicate notifications...But perhaps I should turn that on and I might get notifications for those Google Events with no "time ahead" notification.
Thoughts???
I know I asked a lot of questions of late and do appreciate the help.

Thank you
Peter

I've also got issues with gcal re notifications, see my post for iphone SE. The notifs are perfect on my android tablet but on my ipjone se they stop coming after a few days. Tried everything to fix, updating makes no difference. I think the problem is Ios and/or bug in gcal.

I've also got issues with gcal re notifications, see my post for iphone SE. The notifs are perfect on my android tablet but on my ipjone se they stop coming after a few days. Tried everything to fix, updating makes no difference. I think the problem is Ios and/or bug in gcal.
Do you have your Gcal configured in the Apple calendar app?

Latest posts

Back