greenpois0n now has an un tethered working version for ios 4.2.1

greenpois0n now has an un tethered working version for ios 4.2.1

Gregoris

Staff member
Reaction score
GreenPois0n

they have released rc5 now but i havent tried it on my iphone 4 as i am on ios 4.3 now...

enjoy people

-===edit====-

tutorial on how to use the tool

Step One
Open your web browser of choice and navigate to http://www.greenpois0n.com. Click the Mac link at the bottom of the screen.

41850.png

Step Two
When prompted save the download to your desktop

47341.png

Step Three
Double click the downloaded greenpois0n-osx_rc5.zip file to extract the archive then double click greenpois0n from the desktop to launch the application

47342.png

Step Four
Connect your iPhone to the computer, power it off, then click the large Jailbreak button

41852.png

Step Five
You will now be instructed on how to place your iPhone into DFU mode. You can get help with this here.

You will be asked to press and hold the sleep button for 3 seconds.

41856.png

Continue holding sleep; press and hold home for 10 seconds.

41857.png

Release sleep button; Continue holding the home button. Do not release the Home button at this point!.

41858.png

Step Six
Once your iPhone is successfully in DFU mode the jailbreak will begin.

41853.png

Step Seven
Once Greenpois0n informs you that it has completed you can release the Home button. Click the Complete button to close the application.

41854.png

You'll notice some verbose mode text scrolling on your device.

Step Eight
After the iPhone restarts you'll notice a new Loader application on your Springboard. Press to launch it.

47348.png

Step Nine
Press to select Cydia then press the large Install Cydia button that appears.

47350.png

Step Ten
Once Cydia has installed successfully you can remove Loader by pressing the Options button then the large red Remove Loader.app button.

47354.png

Step Eleven
Restart your iPhone then run Cydia. Let it do all the necessary updates then follow our Unlock tutorial if possible for your device.

47353.png

***A big thanks goes everyone who made this jailbreak possible.

found here... http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12227

Last edited:
[04:25:59] <%ven000m> yeah, and pod2g found a new exploit
[04:26:06] <%ven000m> which gives you verbose boot on every reboot

yep! its about time! and ive upgraded to 4.3 beta damn it lol so the wait continues for me... oh well

they are saying in irc that its for mac only atm linux and windows coming later

So theres still no untethered version for window users seriously?

Read up on the sites... they clearly say that RC5 has just been released for Mac, and are currently porting it to Linux and Windows. Shouldn't be too long at all I'd say.

There hasn't been an untethered version for Mac users up until this point either don't forget, that was 4.2b3, not 4.2.1.

yes from what i can tell its mac only, i did not know that before posting the thread because linux mac and windows has rc5 download.. what does twitter accounts say?

posix is saying "Windows version coming very soon".

The greenpois0n site is getting a belting at the moment causing the site to be unavailable. There is a mediafire link going but I'm suss to run it before making sure it's the same as the download on the site.

Also, here is the tutorial for doing it for anyone going to do this...

HOW TO: Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS Untethered on iOS 4.2.1 Using Greenpois0n RC5

http://www.gadgetsdna.com/jailbreak...+gadgetsdna+(Gadgets+DNA)&utm_content=Twitterhttp://bit.ly/eCNE0O

This is bound to be asked as well... but you must be on a clean 4.2.1 to run this, so backup and restore the standard 4.2.1 image on to your iPhone via iTunes, THEN follow the howto :)

or you can download it from a mirror site

nspwn.com/mirror.html given by <@GreySyntax> their site i bet has many thousands pressing refresh and have taken the gp site down

Read up on the sites... they clearly say that RC5 has just been released for Mac, and are currently porting it to Linux and Windows. Shouldn't be too long at all I'd say.

There hasn't been an untethered version for Mac users up until this point either don't forget, that was 4.2b3, not 4.2.1.

True true I'm just sick of waiting like so many others I'm tethered jb but its just no the same.

True true I'm just sick of waiting like so many others I'm tethered jb but its just no the same.

I'm going to have a guess and say that they are only talking hours to release the Win version.

I want a Windows version too as I don't have a Mac. Luckily a guy I work with uses a Mac so I'm just doing a restore back to 4.2.1 stock right now :)

i would ike to rejailbreak just to have all services working on my iphone and still be untethered, but it seems like no links or mirrors are working at the moment

"there is currently a bug where it only supports Snow Leopard. This is likely to be fixed tomorrow." - comex.

I just read the above, you need to be running OSX 10.6 to be able to use greenpois0n at the moment, otherwise it crashes out immediately like myself and sakumaxp are seeing. It is looking for 10.6 libraries which aren't present.

i use snow lep 10.6.6..

but sounds like even a lot of mac users will need to wait for an updated version of gp..

i have everything apart from 4.2.1... ill be waiting longer then windows users for a jb. im also surprised they did not save the jb hole for 4.3 release so they dont burn it

Latest posts

Back