How to transfer contacts from iphone 3 to iphone 4?

sicmic

New Member
Hi

I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this question. My apologies if not.
My girlfriend has an iphone 3 (I think it's 3GS). She just got an iphone 4 today. How do we transfer all her contacts from her iphone 3 to her iphone 4. Note that the no longer has phone reception, internet access etc.

Thanks in advance.
 
Connect the iPhone 3 to a computer with iTunes installed.

Back up the iPhone 3.

Connect the iPhone 4 to the same computer.

Restore the iPhone 3 backup to the iPhone 4.

EVERYTHING that can transfer (probably 99%) will transfer from the old phone to the new automatically.
 
Thanks for the replies. I don't have exchange so I'll have to do it using itunes.

So, basically I just connect the old phone to the PC and press a backup button within itunes. Then I just plug in the new phone and do a restore. Is that about it?

Thanks again.
 
Cellular providers only transfer contacts. iTunes allows for the transfer of the camera roll, sms, mms, calendar, notes, settings, apps and their data.
 
Skull One said:
Cellular providers only transfer contacts. iTunes allows for the transfer of the camera roll, sms, mms, calendar, notes, settings, apps and their data.

+1...
 

Latest posts

Back
Top