I bought an Iphone 5s guide tonight.. Said "Iwork Suite" was free but...

I bought an Iphone 5s guide tonight.. Said "Iwork Suite" was free but...

Guvner

Reaction score
I can't even find Iwork. I did find "Numbers" but they wanted $9.99 for that. Probably newbie problem here but it sure sounded like it was given away to all new Apple devices and it was in the 5s how to book. I was looking at Docs to Go if it isn't something that is free.

Anyone know anything about it?

As someone who has never had an Apple before but bought one for his kid I will say the phone is very solid and my Bluetooth (Jawbone Icon HD with an Averysound molded end) is about as good as I've seen it ever. It seems the other brands have gotten away from things that need to work first in favor of something else. No one can even tell I'm on a Bluetooth at this point. Loving it. Now to figure out how to do my small spreadsheets without GoogleDocs. Any advice?

Thanks again...

G..

From what I understand, you can try a few things (cause yeah, searching for them usually gives you the full price).

For one, try signing out of and then back into the AppStore (on the phone). See if that then makes them appear.

If that doesn't work, click on the "Featured" tab (instead of "Search") in the App Store, and when the banner for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote scrolled across, click on that. Then all these apps should pop up with FREE next to them.

Or, go to the AppStore, select "new to the app store", then scroll down to "made by apple")...they should show up free there.

Hopefully, one of those suggestions will help. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Thanks a bunch Marilyn... Your line about scrolling down to the "made by Apple" hit pay dirt. I had signed out and back in with no success last night. (Still was $9.99) But scrolling down to the bottom and starting to go through the 1700+ apps paid off. Luckily "Numbers" was one of the first 50 or so. (now FREE which is what I was after I this post.) I got to about 700 before I got bored but Numbers was the one I needed. I can now do my bidding right from the truck. I was able to go into Skydrive and tell it to share the spreadsheet with Numbers and it did it flawlessly. When you back out of the actual spreadsheet inside of Numbers you get the opportunity to rename the file and presumably that is the same as saving a file.

Thanks again..

Gary

Last edited:
I havent used them, but you can find them online/desktop/laptop through your iCloud account.

Latest posts

Back