What's new

I need to upgrade my iphone 4 5.0.1 too IOS 6 HELP!!!

scottyboi1983

Reaction score
Hi guys

This is my first post even though i have been on the site loads of times before.

I need to put my iPhone 4 back to factory settings so i can sell it now that i have an iPhone 5 (which is amazing!!!).

I have tried upgrading the IOS to 6 via iTunes and through my iPhone settings and neither work!

Can anyone help? I have someone that wants to buy the phone but she isn't interested in it being jailbroken she wants to be able to update it through iTunes like a regular phone.

Thanks in advance

Scott

I literally have the exact same problem.
I need to unjailbreak my iPhone 4 but I cant. Ive tried upgrading it to iOS 6 and restoring it to iOS 5.0.1 and 5.1.1

@Humk721, you can't downgrade your iPhone 4 (4S will not work) unless you have saved SHSH blobs to fall back on. And OT is asking a different question

@scottyboi1983, download the IPSW from an external trustworthy site like one that starts with "Fel"- and ends in the extension ".de". Then put your iPhone 4 into DFU mode, and hold the ALT key and click on Restore while holding it. Then point iTunes to the IPSW iOS you're trying to upgrade to (iOS 6 in your case) and it'll upgrade.

my iPhone 4 is jailbroken on 5.0.1 and ive tried restoring to 5.0.1 and upgrading to 5.1.1 and 6 on itunes. it hasnt worked. what should I do now?
i just want to return it to factory settings unjailbroken