IOS 18 Battery Life

IOS 18 Battery Life

GrayG

Reaction score
Hello all
Im still currently running ios 17.7, ive been reluctant to upgrade to ios18 because the battery life on my 15 pro max on 17 is really good and im running with no tracking and all features very private.
I have 2 questions
1 - Can anyone report on the battery life on 18 as to how it compares, is it as good as 17 or any differences between recharge times?
2 - Ive read Ios 18 features are going to be based around AI, im not a massive fan of that, i wondered how it may affect my privacy, tracking, tracking in web browsers etc etc.
I think AI to a degree relies very much on learning a users browsing habits, messaging etc etc to be able to recognise patterns and be able to intergrate with that, im concerned that its so deeply embedded ito ios 18 that it may well compromise complete privacy, Anyone any thoughts on it?

Hello all
Im still currently running ios 17.7, ive been reluctant to upgrade to ios18 because the battery life on my 15 pro max on 17 is really good and im running with no tracking and all features very private.
I have 2 questions
1 - Can anyone report on the battery life on 18 as to how it compares, is it as good as 17 or any differences between recharge times?
2 - Ive read Ios 18 features are going to be based around AI, im not a massive fan of that, i wondered how it may affect my privacy, tracking, tracking in web browsers etc etc.
I think AI to a degree relies very much on learning a users browsing habits, messaging etc etc to be able to recognise patterns and be able to intergrate with that, im concerned that its so deeply embedded ito ios 18 that it may well compromise complete privacy, Anyone any thoughts on it?
1- I can’t give any scientific specifics, but battery life has improved significantly from the first iOS 18 beta this summer. I’m not running the official iOS 18 release, instead I’ve been on iOS 18.1 beta. I can say that my battery life is just okay. It’s not great, and I normally find myself charging my phone twice a day. (15PM)
2- iOS 18.0 does not have any of the Apple intelligence features. As far as other improvements, they would be machine learning features that Apple has been implementing for years now. Apple's main focus is always privacy, I would be worried about it with any other company besides Apple. Having worked there for years, I can tell you first hand that Apples commitment to privacy goes far beyond marketing/advertising.

If you’re still just not a fan of AI, you have to go into settings are turn it on. It doesn’t automatically turn on.

Latest posts

Back