What's new

iOS6 draining my battery?

EpicWritten

Reaction score
I've been an iPhone user since the 4 dropped, the battery life wasn't all that great but now with my iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1.2 the battery dies SO FAST. Any tips?

Follow the usual saving tips.

Remember to close down running apps.

I typically get a days usage.

You could try doing a restore if all else fails or book an appointment at your most local apple genius Barr.

Disable location setting and minimise the notification apps. Run those frequence apps only. It is help my iPhone 4. 4S and 5 with iOS 6.1.2 extend my battery live better even my 3G is on 24 hours.

I have big issues with my iPhone 5 battery too. Done all of the above and still I am charging the iPhone sometimes twice a day.

Disable Siri if you dont use it, it used to eat my battery. Also double click the home button and close un-needed programmes!

my opinion:
It is not Siri, location services etc..I have Siri allways ON, location services,notifications and battery is great.If screen brightness is set on 30% and still battery drain power fast, you need to reset your iphone.If still battery is poor, than it is hardware problem.

Sent from Apple iPad 4

my opinion:
It is not Siri, location services etc..I have Siri allways ON, location services,notifications and battery is great.If screen brightness is set on 30% and still battery drain power fast, you need to reset your iphone.If still battery is poor, than it is hardware problem.

Sent from Apple iPad 4

I need to disagree. Soon as I disabled Siri. The battery lasted longer .

Adjust Brightness, and close apps that are not used. double click home and close it