iPhone 16 expected to gain Capture Button

iPhone 16 expected to gain Capture Button

ThatTechyGuy

iPhoneForums News/Reviews
Staff member
Reaction score
It's been rumored for a while now that all 16 models will get the Action button that was introduced on the iPhone 15 Pro line. Now, we are seeing rumors of another button making it to the entire 16 lineup: the "Capture" button. I can't imagine this would be its marketing name, so we will see if Apple activates its "Reality Distortion Field" to sucker us into buying it!

It is rumored to be positioned below the "Side/lock" button on the right side of the iPhone, and it is supposedly going to be geared toward camera use.

1724422773228.png

What do you think? Is this a gimmick, or something more worthwhile?

I think it would be great to have another button that can be customized for a shortcut.
I’ve actually added a folder in my Shortcuts app and called it ‘Show Utilities’. I’ve added separate simple shortcuts to the folder that open my favourite utility apps, such as Magnifier, Voice recorder, Authenticate etc., then set up the ‘Action’ button on my iPhone 15 Pro to open the Show Utilities folder.
Doing it this way allows me to open any favourite app I want from one press of the Action button, regardless of what I’m doing or where I am on the phone.

Last edited:
I’ve actually added a folder in my Shortcuts app and called it ‘Show Utilities’. I’ve added separate simple shortcuts to the folder that open my favourite utility apps, such as Magnifier, Voice recorder, Authenticate etc., then set up the ‘Action’ button on my iPhone 15 Pro to open the Show Utilities folder.
Doing it this way allows me to open any favourite app I want from one press of the Action button, regardless of what I’m doing or where I am on the phone.
Wow, that is a great idea! I have mine set as a camera shortcut, so having a capture button would let me have a different set up for the Action button.

Latest posts

Back