iPhones Confiscated at German Airport Might include an iPhone 5

iPhones Confiscated at German Airport Might include an iPhone 5

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
German_airport.JPG

9to5 Mac reports today on a story on Benm.at, which says that five iPhones, thought to be either genuine iPhone 5s, or possibly fakes, were confiscated at the Munster-Osnabruck airport in Germany back on July 21. Apparently the men who were attempting to smuggle the devices into Germany came from Turkey. According to the report, German custom officials are working with Apple to try and establish where the phones came from, and whether or not they are genuine or fakes. According to a spokeswoman for the Customs department, there were six phones in total seized, and she went on to say that one of them could even be an iPhone 5. She added that the Customs department have been in touch with Apple to let them know about the find, and are now awaiting Apple’s instructions as to how best to proceed. She also said that they would not be releasing any pictures of the phones until they had heard from Apple, and probably not even after they’ve heard from Apple, if there’s a genuine iPhone 5 in there (which I doubt, but as always, you never know!)

Source: iPhone 5s or fakes confiscated at German airport | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Why would what phone they are mean they are subject to confiscation?

iCrank said:
Bc the custom officers are anxious to get there hands on one. Lol.

Lol someone who worked at gizmodo works with German customs now! :D

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

darkstar2007 said:
Lol someone who worked at gizmodo works with German customs now! :D

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

Lol. It's a paycheck. Can anyone say pay day advance.

Cause last I checked Customs and Border Protection agencies around the world have the brief to protect their country from illegal items and people entering.

An iPhone5 is not automatically illegal to be in possession of....

VTR said:
Cause last I checked Customs and Border Protection agencies around the world have the brief to protect their country from illegal items and people entering.

An iPhone5 is not automatically illegal to be in possession of....

It's not. Its not like it's top secret information handed down from our government. It's a phone with a battery. I honestly believe that the German custom agents are trying to make headline news

iPhones get confiscated all over the world at airports. I have no idea why except that it could have something to do with tax. They are very cheap compared to some countries...

I bet only apple CEO's get to touch new devices now after last year with Gizmodo! but i remember steve wozniak was holding the ipad 3g before it was released and people guessed it from the difference it had on the back of it as it was caught on pic lol

Latest posts

Back