Mac iPhone Mirroring Unable to Connect to iPhone

Mac iPhone Mirroring Unable to Connect to iPhone

ThatTechyGuy

iPhoneForums News/Reviews
Staff member
Reaction score
Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 5.40.10 PM.png

Alright I'm at a loss. I'm documenting my struggles here so if we get a fix hopefully it can help someone else!

Long story short my iPhone 15 Pro Max has stopped connecting to my iPhone Mirroring application on macOS Sequoia. Now everytime I try to connect it times out. I just disconnected my iPhone and reconnected through the iPhone Mirroring settings, and that didn't work. Fully rebooted both my MacBook and my iPhone multiple times.

I'm on macOS 15.1 beta 5, and iOS 18.1 beta 5. This has been happening for a few betas now though. On my MacBook Air running 15.0 release, it does not work either.

Any suggestions?

I had the same message come up when I tried to engage iPhone mirroring on my MacBook. Have a look in System Settings > Desktop and Dock, and under ‘Widgets - iPhone’, make sure the correct iPhone is selected. My old iPhone 12 was selected, so I changed it for my iPhone 15 Pro and that fixed the problem.

Finally got it!

What I had to do was open Activity Monitor, search for iPhone Mirroring under CPU Processes, and force quit the iPhone Mirroring Process.

After this, then reopening the app, I was able to re-pair my iPhone, and now iPhone mirroring works.

Latest posts

Back