What's new

My iPhone says no sim card installed and stuck on activation screen?

waynef89

Reaction score
I had to restore my iPhone 3GS version 5.0.1 due to it being stuck on the apple logo no when I try to activate it iTunes says there is no sim card installed when it's clear that there is maybe the simcard hold or around there is broken cos it worked before, ive tried jailbreaking it again and pressing deactivate using red snow b3 and b4 plus trying to hackivate using snowbreeze but still the problem is there is there any way I can resolve this problem? i posted on yahoo answers and someone suggested that i take it back to the carrier i got it from or downgrading the software please been trying to fix this for about 3 hours please email [email protected]

If you have already jailbreak it, look for ultrasnow in cydia and install it. If ultrasnow doesn't support your baseband then report so other members can guide you.

If you have already jailbreak it, look for ultrasnow in cydia and install it. If ultrasnow doesn't support your baseband then report so other members can guide you.

it was jailbroken but dont think it is now and if you read i cant get past the activation set up as itunes saying theres no sim card in stalled so i gather the reader is broken cos i may of dropped it more than once so going to see if that works

it was jailbroken but dont think it is now and if you read i cant get past the activation set up as itunes saying theres no sim card in stalled so i gather the reader is broken cos i may of dropped it more than once so going to see if that works

You can jailbreak it again and get ultrasnow from cydia which will unlock your iPhone.

Mine did same my phone was from another country so when I restored it it was back to a sim card from another country. I was on ios5 and I took it to a Market they flashed it and and put me on 4.1 jailbroke it and installed ultrasnow. Do u no if your phones from your country???

It is from England and I've tried using snowbreeze to hacktivate it but no joy so think it's my sim card reader tbh so going to get that replaced then go from there and i can't get Cydia yet as it can't be activated to go to the home screen