Need Help With Unlocking iPhone 4

Pwnagraphic

New Member
I recently purchased a used iPhone 4 from someone on Craigslist.. and I just had it jailbroken about 30 minutes ago. The guy said he couldn't get the unlock to work for T-mobile because the phone hasn't been previously Jailbroken before the 5.0.1 update.. Is there anyway to get an unlock to work? The jailbreak was a success, and he set it as a Semi-tethered jailbreak. I am really hoping I can find a solution, because my 3GS is breaking, and I just spent a lot of money buying this iPhone 4lol.
 
But there is a possibility that in the future there can be an unlock? I'm not really wise to this stuff, but I am assuming that baseband can't be downgraded like firmware can?
 
No baseband can't be downgraded. I wouldn't hold my breath for a software unlock but rumor has it that a $100 hardware unlock will be released some time in the next month.
 
Either wait and buy the SIM unlock when and if it is released or sell the phone and buy one that is unlockable
 
The only info so far is that it is called the Vold Miracle SIM, it costs $99 USD before tax/shipping and it hasn't been released yet.
 
Ah, okay.. I just got off the phone with T-mobile, and they do offer a SIM unlock service for the iPhone which is free to account holders. I may go that route.
 
Ah, okay.. I just got off the phone with T-mobile, and they do offer a SIM unlock service for the iPhone which is free to account holders. I may go that route.

Great reason to put your location in your profile information :P In the US carriers will not unlock the iPhone for any reason
 

Latest posts

Back
Top