new to Iphone

new to Iphone

Brandon5132

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello and look forward to searching out my answers on this site. I have had a droid phone for a little over a year. I have descided to step over and try out an iphone. I am starting out on a 3gs with straightalk service. The first thing I am going to have to do is jailbreak it to get mms messaging. I have been looking at diffrent ways, but they seem to all roll together. I figure I will pick one and see how it goes. I was able to root my android phone so I am guessing this cant be much diffrent.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you have any suggestions or thoughts let me know.

Welcome!
Jailbreaking is easy and you will find lots of help here.

iPhone of course

Hi Brandon,

Welcome to iphone forums... we hope you enjoy the forum and look forward to have you here.

I'm a former Android user as well and I can tell you that after I tried iOS I never went back :-)

The key is to read, read and read. After that there is nothing that you can't make happen, use our search function and you will find a lot of answers.

Best of luck and look forward to have you here.

Thanks frog

I am a lso a NC resident. I am about as west in the state that you can go. Little town of Hayesville

Hi again Brandon... very cool, I'm in Hickory wish is 45 miles north of Charlotte. We are glad to have you here and look forward to help in anything we can.

If rooting was fun for you, you will see that jailbreak is a lot of fun as well. You will enjoy all the tweaks and apps that you can use, if definitely a lot of fun.

Here is some reference for you...

Hacking Tutorials & Guides

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/jailbreaking-methods-iphone-18519/

Jailbreak Applications & Tweaks

I hope this help you some. Good luck.

Thanks again, my iphone should be here today and will post how everything goes

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

Connect the phone to itunes and update to 5.0.1.

there is not a JB for 4.3.5

Brandon5132 said:
I am not sure what is going on here? Stupid jailbreak lol

You need to update in iTunes to ios 5.0.1. 4.3.5 is basically useless if you won't to jailbreak.

You must install iTunes on your computer and update it. You do not want to be on 4.3.5.

Once you get iTunes installed you can use Sn0wbreeze and build an ipsw (the firmware file for ios 5.0.1) that is already jailbroken.

OR

You can just plug phone into iTunes, update your phone, then jailbreak with redsn0w version 0.9.10b5.

The only way to have a jailbreak is these 2 tools:

Sn0wbreeze version 2.9.1 (Windows only)
OR
Redsn0w version 0.9.10b5 (Windows & Mac)

I would would definitely do some "YouTubing" on these 2 tools.

I am currently jailbroken with Sn0ebreeze.

Since you have to restore/update your phone any way, sn0wbrreze would be a good idea, since all ya have to do is restore/update it to 5.0.1, and your phone is already jailbroken after the restore. (but you must build your custom ipsw first, and enter DFU mode, then press the shift key while you click the restore button, then locate and double click on your sn0wbreeze ipsw). This would probably be a whole lot faster then waiting for iTunes to download and install the ipsw. ....well...actually it is a lot faster.lol

With redsn0w....you'll have to restore, THEN jailbreak.

You need to do some reading on "ipsw" files and be sure to download the rite one.

As long as you actually read and research whatever it is you want to do....and always follow instructions exactly...you should have no problems at all.

;)

Last edited:
It worked!!

I kept getting error codes so I just reset the phone and tried the update and it all worked. I did the redsnow jb and all is working now.

Thanks to everuone that helped

Latest posts

Back