Please Help with a difficult Jailbreak

Please Help with a difficult Jailbreak

DreamsAreOKToo

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here (of course), haha. I'm seeking you out, because for 3 days now, I've been trying to Jailbreak and Unlock an iPhone 3gs that a friend gave to me as a gift.

Mission: Unlock an iPhone 3gs that was updated to version 4.3.5 to be used on T-Mobile without a data plan.

So far, I tried using Pwnagetool to put in a custom .ipsw of version 4.3.3. I have been using this in conjunction with TinyUmbrella. On every attempt, I've had a 16xx error. I've gotten 1600, 1601, 1628 1603, 1614.... So I attempted to use iREB-r4 to bypass the errors. Nope, I still get them.

I then tried to do TinyUmbrella's "fix recovery" button. That didn't help.

Then, I decided to start fresh and do a "normal" iTunes recovery through Apple. Unfortunately, I got a 1614 error. So at the moment, the phone is stuck in recovery mode.

What can you suggest I do? Also, can anybody point me to something that explains what basebands are? I keep hearing them mentioned.

Thank you

You cannot restore 4.3.3 anymore because it is not being signed. Your only option is to do a tethered jailbreak with redsn0w on 4.3.5. In order to unlock you will have to update your iPhone to the iPad baseband 06.15.00 which will most likely cause you to lose GPS capabilities.

Baseband is the modem firmware

Do you know if the guy you got it from even jailbroke it before, or was it brand new? If he did, there is a chance Cydia has your blobs saved for several versions of IOS (maybe all).

You can follow this tutorial here to retrieve all the blobs Cydia has saved for you - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...ave-your-shsh-blobs-using-tinyumbrella-18924/

It's worth a try, just to rule out the possibility altogether.

Latest posts

Back