What's new

So you can't jailbreak The latest IOS?

Dark Dragon said:
I Dont have iTunes...Ever, even when i just bought my iPod touch i gave it to my aunt so that she can set it up, and im sure i was jailbroken because my pc OS is linux, and so every jailbreak for my device, will, i didnt jailbreak my device even once by myself because jailbreaking services arent available on linux, so i give it to our neighbor's, or to anyone, and then i dont unjailbreak EVER, and im 100% SURE that my device was jailbroken,5.0.1, upgrade was to 5.1.1, it didnt fail, it succed, no problems ever, but that the jailbreak (of course) has been removed, i was frustrated as there was no jailbreak for 5.1.1. So im VERY sure that it was jailbroken, and it succed through settings, as i dont Have iTunes.

Are you telling us that your aunt jailbroke your iPod onto 5.01? I think you are confused about the state of things when you updated.
Human memory is notoriously unreliable. There are things that could have happened and things that could not have. And updating a jb iPhone with OTA could not happen.

Im REALLY REAAAAALLLY SORRY everybody, i went remembering, to make sure, i asked myself, if there wasnt jailbreak for 5.1.1, then whats the reason i have upgraded?, THEN I REMEMBERED THAT I HAVE UPGRADED BECAUSE I HAVENT GOT JAILBREAK FOR 5.1.0!(btw this part is wrong, too, i said before it was 5.0.1) SO IM REAAALLY SORRY FOR ALL THAT PLEASE FORGIVE ME GUYS :S

zphone said:
Are you telling us that your aunt jailbroke your iPod onto 5.01? I think you are confused about the state of things when you updated.
Human memory is notoriously unreliable. There are things that could have happened and things that could not have. And updating a jb iPhone with OTA could not happen.

And zphone no, my aunt hates jailbreak, when you first unbox an iPod touch or iPhone, it does tell you to connect to itunes to set it up right?, so thats what my aunt did, and again im really sooorrryyyyy

zig9449 said:
There is a jailbreak for Linux. It's Absinthe from greenpois0n.com.

How exactly would not be 100% sure it's jailbroken or not?

If you jailbroken...you have Cydia installed...if you are not jailbroken..then Cydia will not be installed.

I really don't see how you would not be 100% certain whether it was jailbroken or not.

And zig... I tried to download that before(even before i join iPF.com XD) but i dunno why it didnt launch, but that was a looong while ago, now (of course) my iDevice is jailbroken, but what i meant is that many jailbreaking tools werent available

Well, since I am not a mind reader I have no idea what he means, only what he said the first time. And the way iTunes currently works to update by wiping everything and writing the full os is perfectly fine.

The second time when he said through settings, I was incorrect. I just did not read that and thought we were discussing the same thing - updating through iTunes.
I know OTA update does not work on jb devices. Because it does not update every os file. However no one was arguing about OTA initially.

Yeah sorry for the unclarification. Hope we can be friends :)

There is no way to have done it. It would have failed. When you initiated OTA update you were probably Unjailbreaked through iTunes already and just did not realize it if you were updating a bunch of things at the time.

+100,000,000 lol

h2olover1 said:
Yeah sorry for the unclarification. Hope we can be friends :)

No worries. I am old enough to realize that most arguments result from misunderstandings. If people put in the effort to get an understanding it results in much more harmony.

No worries. I am old enough to realize that most arguments result from misunderstandings. If people put in the effort to get an understanding it results in much more harmony.

😃thanks