Unable to post photos to Facebook on my iPhone 4 (IOS 6)

Unable to post photos to Facebook on my iPhone 4 (IOS 6)

Tricon7

Reaction score
I accidentally told Facebook no when it asked if it could access my photos. Now when I try and post a photo, I get a message "this app does not have access to your photos or videos."

I've already looked online for a solution and everyone seems to be giving the same answer. Go to Settings > Privacy, then click on photos and set to ON.

Problem is, after I click on Privacy, I don't get photos - anywhere. I get several subsections:

Control Privacy When You Post
Control Your Default Privacy
How You Connect
Sharing ON Facebook
Timeline and Tagging
Apps and Websites
Limit the Audience for Past Posts
Blocked People and Apps

None of these sections say a word about photos. It's a puzzle. I'm back where I started. How do I allow FB to let me post photos?

Calm down. Double click home button. Kill the Facebook app. Open Facebook again. Try again. It'll ask u again to access your photos. Push yes this time or allow. Problem solved.

Calm down. Double click home button. Kill the Facebook app. Open Facebook again. Try again. It'll ask u again to access your photos. Push yes this time or allow. Problem solved.

Sorry - I got the same problem even after I closed and reopened the app. Problem still exists.

Use the phone settings not the Facebook settings in the Facebook app. That'll yield you some better results.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Does your privacy screen look like this?

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351996448.987594.jpg

Use the phone settings not the Facebook settings in the Facebook app. That'll yield you some better results.

Do you mean go into the iPhone "settings"? I did that, went to the Facebook app > Settings. There, I only see Vibrate, Play Sound, Record HD Video, Notifications, Version, and About. None of them showed anything about photos that I found.

If you're talking about a different phone section, please elaborate.

Last resort. But simple and quick. Delete the app. Re download the app. Then... Try to post your pics, it should ask you again to access your photos. Other then that And what's been mentioned above. I don't know what else you can do.

Do you mean go into the iPhone "settings"? I did that, went to the Facebook app > Settings. There, I only see Vibrate, Play Sound, Record HD Video, Notifications, Version, and About. None of them showed anything about photos that I found.

If you're talking about a different phone section, please elaborate.

No I meant the screen skull posted up. He beat me to the picture. Glad it's working for you.

Latest posts

Back