What's new

5.0.1 redsnow problem

bulljos79

Reaction score
I have two iphone4s, both are verizon with 5.0.1. While using redsnow, the first one worked perfectly. The second goes through first and second stages of exploitation and says waiting for reboot. The phone then reboots all the way to the lock screen instead of jailbreaking. Does anyone know why this one wont reboot to show the black screen with small writing?

There currently is not a jailbreak out for the iPhone 4s. Though all iDevice's can currently jailbreak EXCEPT the iPhone 4s and iPad 2 due to the A5 chip in them. But one will be out soon! So either you have one iPhone 4 and one iPhone 4s that will not jailbreak.

Last edited:
bulljos79 said:
I have two iphone4s, both are verizon with 5.0.1. While using redsnow, the first one worked perfectly. The second goes through first and second stages of exploitation and says waiting for reboot. The phone then reboots all the way to the lock screen instead of jailbreaking. Does anyone know why this one wont reboot to show the black screen with small writing?

Yeah. What Jmills87 said.

Click extras>select ipsw>
Go back and jailbreak.

You have to have the stock IPSW downloaded and saved to where you can access it from the window that pops up in redsn0w. Usually the desktop.

I keep mine in a folder on my desktop creatively named "IPSW's".

When I click in that once, redan0w will always open that folder for me when selecting an IPSW.

Thanks for the info. The first phone i jailbroke, there wasnt any windows opening asking which ispw ( like snowbreeze) it just did its thing.