What's new

brand new 6S plus and can not make any calls

orna

Reaction score
just got a new 6S plus - I and the people I call can not hear when I receive or make calls. But apparently the phone is made because I am being charged. Also Speaker is greyed out

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Here are a few things to try:
Restart your iPhone - turn it off and on again.
Check for a carrier update. Go to Settings - General - About. If an update is available, you'll get an option to update.
Go to Settings - Do Not Disturb, and make sure it's not enabled.
Make sure your iPhone is up to date. The latest iOS is 10.2.1.
Remove the SIM card and reinsert it.
Force starting might help as well: press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it's visible, let go of both buttons. Your device will power up on it's own.

If all of this doesn't help, contact your carrier.

Did you mute your iPhone? Take a look at the Mute Switch, next to the Volume buttons. It's set to silence when you see a red area next to it.
Also, make sure the volume on your iPhone isn't set to completely silent. Use the Volume buttons to increase the volume.

If you do go to the carrier store after trying all the recommended solutions, get them to try a different SIM card. If it now works, your SIM card was faulty. If it still doesn't work, the SIM card reader could be faulty.

And, an oldie but goodie, did you peel the plastic protector from the front of the iPhone?