What's new

Can not copy any songs or videos from iPhone to iTunes

vivitree

Reaction score
I am experiencing trouble with my iPhone. I have to reinstalled my
Windows 7 OS due to some trouble. When I reinstalled everything include
iTunes back, it can not automatically back up my iPhone to iTunes like
it used to. Also, I can not copy any songs and/or videos from iPhone to my iTunes.
Does anyone know how could I restore all my previous services I got before the

reinstallation? Help!!
Very thanks.

It's because you blew away the association between your phone and computer. You can't just walk up to any computer to synch your phone, and when you reinstall the OS you start over.
There are a few tools that can rescue your songs. I assume you didn't back up any of your songs, before you reinstalled your OS, right? So your music is on the phone only.
When I had a disk crash a few years ago, I used ipodrip to restore. It worked. Now I do regular backups. Consider doing that.
If you do not understand what I've just said, let us know How to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes easily.

Last edited:
itunes has never, never and probably will never copy your songs, or your videos from your iPhone to iTunes, here are things iTunes fetch automatically FROM YOUR IPHONE whenever you connect it to iTunes: Your downloaded apps, (you need to login your iTunes account both on your phone and on your iTunes on computer), your contacts, your sms, your settings, your photos, your videos taken using the iPhone camera, not the ones you've downloaded to the phone either from internet or previously synced to the iPhone using iTunes. remember that things that are multimedia songs, clips, videos which wasn't made using the iPhone camera are not uploaded from your iPhone to your iTunes. Now if you have purchased your songs or your videos using iTunes, your can download them again into your computer and sync them to your iPhone or better you can even sync them to your iPhone directly. If you didn't purchase those songs or videos from iTunes store, then you are out of luck, there is no way you can retrieve them back on your computer unless your iPhone is jailbreaked at the moment. But with a little bit of luck, i can suggest you to download DiskAid from internet (Trial version is fro 15 or 30 days i can't remember for sure) and install and connect your iPhone to your computer then open up diskAid and see if it will allow you to root till the songs and videos folders. Previsous version of DiskAid could do that even though your phone is not jailbreaked, but as for the latest version, i have not idea thus you got to try it by your own.