Download to Lightroom Problems

Download to Lightroom Problems

PhotoFlora

Reaction score
Just back from travels. Now attempting to download into Lightroom all the videos and dng files that I made while I was away.
I've been using a new iphone 16 Pro which was working well before I went away - I took a few test pictures and they downloaded very nicely into Lightroom.
However the huge batch (1500 or so files) that I came back with now is giving me trouble - the pictures are all there on the phone - the videos run perfectly well and everything seems in order but when I connect to my PC with a usb cable Lightroom can't 'see' any of the pictures or at least it can see the files but it says it can't provide a preview and there's nothing to download. It says the files are unreadable in a long list. I've tried it on my laptop too and I have the same problem so it's more to do with the phone than with the computers. I've also tried using different cables and USB ports but it makes no difference. Could there be something wrong with the phone despite the fact that the early test pictures were okay?
If I use Explorer and try to open some of the files in that way it gives me an error message with something about a 'catastrophic failure' which sounds pretty sinister!
Any ideas? I'm sure there must be a way of getting those pictures off the phone... (I tried emailing a single image to myself from the phone to the pc and it produces a perfectly good jpg copy but of course it doesn't have all the metadata associated with it such as gps etc. I'm not planning to send 1500 emails to myself:oops:)

Latest posts

Back