What's new

fresh jailbreak mail issue

2dxtreme

Reaction score
i just jailbroke my 4s for the 2nd time and now i can't reply to any email. i can forward and it sends the email but i can't reply or reply all. it just crashes the program. i have nothing installed so im thinking its the jailbreak. can anyone help me or can i just not jailbreak this phone with using the stock mail app? the email im trying to send is on microsoft exchange if that makes a difference

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think the jailbreak is out for the 4s yet...i could be wrong.

4s jailbreak has been out for several months just depends on the software you have, it must be 5.0.1 not 5.1 or 5.1.1

Jailbreaking would not cause that issue. Try doing a fresh restore and rejailbreaking if you have your 5.0.1 SHSH. Make sure you set the phone up as new and do not restore from backup.

i did setup as new and this only started after i jailbroke the phone. what i can do is forward a email and it works fine but if i reply or reply all it goes to the springboard. i can write new emails no problem tho

this was a fresh jailbreak. this happened the last time i jailbroke the phone also. im using absinthe if that makes a difference

2dxtreme said:
this was a fresh jailbreak. this happened the last time i jailbroke the phone also. im using absinthe if that makes a difference

And you say this happened only after jailbreaking before installing anything from Cydia?

2dxtreme said:
i used absinthe to jailbreak the phone

Okay.

What I would do is restore back to 5.0.1 with redsn0w then jailbreak with the latest redsn0w....not Absinthe.

What version of Absinthe did you use?

it seems to be working fine now. idk this is weird. i have just sent a few emails today that i just did reply and went thru just fine

Back