What's new

Help please! Jailbreak emergency!

maxdenver

Reaction score
So yesterday I was trying to jailbreak my iphone 3g which did not have a functioning sleep button. I found a way to put it in dfu mode on a forum, and it worked. I proceeded to put it in PWNed DFU mode, and I went on itunes to install a custom firmware. During the installation, the restore froze (for a long time). So I clicked the "X" at the top right of itunes and exited it. Itunes gave me a message saying, "You are quitting your restore; you will have to restore your device later" or something along those lines. Now for the last day and a half, the iphone isn't recognized when I plug it into any computer, and the screen is black no matter how much I try to hit the home button. (Sleep button is broken) What are my options? I am an experienced jailbreaker, but I have never done it on a device without the sleep button. If it had a sleep button, then I would hold both buttons, but I obviously can't do that. And fixing the sleep button isn't an option; the previous owner ripped the ribbon connector straight out of the motherboard. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

I'm not sure, but your only option may be to let it run completely out of battery. Normally you need to reset the device to kick it out of DFU, but without functioning buttons you don't have that option. Hopefully, once the battery is exhausted, the phone will boot into a mode which can be detected by iTunes after you give it a little charge. But to be sure, you are going to leave it for quite a while. Depending on the state of the battery charge, it could be days before it is exhausted.
That's the only thing I can think of suggesting to you.

I believe a tool called Recboot, if you are on a pc, will kick it out of dfu. It's a free download. Google it.

Thanks for the help, but I fixed it like an hour after I posted. Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I didn't want to wait a week for the battery to run out, so I just lifted the motherboard off of the battery, then set it back down. Worked like a charm.

Thanks for the help, but I fixed it like an hour after I posted. Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I didn't want to wait a week for the battery to run out, so I just lifted the motherboard off of the battery, then set it back down. Worked like a charm.

That'll do it I guess!

I was trying for a non-invasive solution :D