What's new

ios 6.1.3

simon_xxxxx

Reaction score
hi all ive got a little problem ive just got an iphone 5 with ios 6.0.2 what I want to know is can I upgrade to 6.1.2 if I download it first not using iTunes then tell iTunes to go to 6.1.2 in stread of it auto looking which will find 6.1.3 which I don't want .......... hope message makes sense thank u all

No, I'm sorry, but there is no way to install any iOS on that iPhone 5 other than iOS 6.1.3. That is the only iOS currently authorized by Apple and there is no way to circumvent it on an iPhone 5.

Sorry.

Marilyn

thanks Mickey for the reply.....if id got my shsh blobs which I haven't got would I ov been able to do it then ? and if I forced iTunes to start the 6.1.2. what wud happen ? would it just not work ...........thanks again seems like a site well worth having

The only thing that you're missing out on by staying on iOS 6.0.2 and not going to 6.1/6.1.2 is the fact that you get more LTE support for other carriers. If your carrier by default has LTE like AT&T, Verizon, etc etc, the update doesn't do anything for you. Other than that, it's just small hotfixes for (in my definition) meaningless problems. You're not mandated to have the latest iOS, it's user preference, and in your case, there's no difference outside of more LTE support for other carriers.

thanks willerz ....its just one of those what to do things the phone is new so got 12 month warranty so cant jb till then just concerned if new jb will be working by then as people are sayin next jb will be for ios 7 ...for a no blame answer would you just update and see what comes in 12 month or leave alone im on o2 every thing works up to now .........do you know the name of new maps iphone have started putting in because 6.0.2 still has old maps ........thanks again for your help

You can use the Google Maps app from the AppStore for better mapping.

Jailbreaks rarely turn out bad unless you tinker with it the wrong way by forcing incompatible tweaks to install or installing them in the first place, or snooping through the system files and deleting something crucial. If anything goes wrong, simply restore the latest iOS and get a new one from your nearest Apple store.

so would u leave at 6.0.2 or update 6.1.3 (in your apinion) cos still got year to wait to jb anyway thanks willerz

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If the iOS is working, keep it.