I don't know if it is a bug...but after the upgrade, my charter email doesn't work on my iphone, but it does work on my iPad. Exact same settings.
I too was having a TON of issues from iOS 6, I then followed everyone's advice and plugged into computer backed up and restored and now it works just fine. 100%. If ur having any issues I highly recommend this!
Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net
I'm happy to be corrected, but the Do Not Disturb! function inexplicably still allows email beeps & buzzes. So what exactly is the point of the function if I still have to mute the phone & switch Vibrate off??
The spotlight search isn't as robust any more. For example, I have logmein ignition app on my phone. I used to always search for it by typing in logmein. That returns nothing. I now have to search for ignition. Another example: I have a few barcode apps. When I searched for barcode with ios5, it would find all of them. Now it only finds one.
I hate android (have a nexus 7 sitting here doing nothing), but this iOS update is not pretty. Have you tried searching in the App Store yet? It returns useless information. 1 result given and you have to swipe left to return the Next result. Pitiful apple! Just pitiful.
Thanks. Reboot didn't work but your response made me work with it some more. I turned off searching mail in the settings and it now shows "search web" and "search Wikipedia", which I didn't even notice weren't there before. It seems to have picked up other things (text messages with logmein in them), but still not the app. Maybe the index will get recreated again. Hopefully it'll come around. I really don't want to go through restore.I don't see your search issues at all.
I just did both of your tests and logmein worked fine. Barcode showed all 8 of the barcode apps I have installed.
You might try a reboot.
thewitt said:Lock the phone. Do Not Disturb only filters out beeps when the phone is locked.