What's new

iPhone and Google Maps

Reaction score
My husband and I have Google maps on our phones (his is android). Both have notifications set for when the other enters/leaves a location. He gets no notification when I enter/leave.
I've researched this and all settings seem to be correct. In scanning my phone, I've noticed a setting not mentioned anywhere.
Settings>Privacy>Tracking. 'Maps' isn't listed as allowing tracking. In fact, Maps doesn't appear on the list. Do I need Maps on the list? How do I add it to the list?

My husband and I have Google maps on our phones (his is android). Both have notifications set for when the other enters/leaves a location. He gets no notification when I enter/leave.
I've researched this and all settings seem to be correct. In scanning my phone, I've noticed a setting not mentioned anywhere.
Settings>Privacy>Tracking. 'Maps' isn't listed as allowing tracking. In fact, Maps doesn't appear on the list. Do I need Maps on the list? How do I add it to the list?

Nor does the Mailbox Sensor show on the Ring website (PC).

I think the reason your husband is not getting notifications is because Sharing my Location relies on Apple Maps on an iPhone and your husband’s phone is android