What's new

Jailbreaking Iphone 4s

Enferno

Reaction score
Hey,I wanted to know how can I jailbreak my iPhone myself.
Model:iPhone 4s
IOS: 7.0.4
Carrier: O2 15.6
Model: MD235B/A
Modem Frimware: 5.0.02

Thanks in advance

You cannot jail break an iPhone 4S running iOS 7.x at this time, nor can you downgrade it to another iOS.

The ONLY thing you can do is wait for a release of a jail break for iOS 7.x. I am sure one will be released, though no one knows when.

Marilyn

You cannot jail break an iPhone 4S running iOS 7.x at this time, nor can you downgrade it to another iOS.

The ONLY thing you can do is wait for a release of a jail break for iOS 7.x. I am sure one will be released, though no one knows when.

Marilyn

why, i mean why cant i downgrade it? then it can be jail break right?

why, i mean why cant i downgrade it? then it can be jail break right?
You can't downgrade the iOS on your iPhone 4S because Apple will not allow it and the blobs used to downgrade earlier iPhones will not work with later iPhones such as your iPhone 4S.

Okie dokie. So I did the unthinkable and bought a GSM phone off Craigslist. The dude insisted the ESN was clear and everything was ready to go. Lo' and behold, I got the thing home - Tried to activate and ---BLAAAHHHH----- But here is what is happening...When I turn the phone on, it reads "Sprint" in the top left corner for the carrier instead of "No Service". I bought it as a "Sprint" phone, I use "Sprint". Immediately I am like, "That sucka stole this crap!" Well, I made a call from the phone, and it sends me to VERISON customer service. So I'm not sure if it started out as a VERISON phone to begin with, and was flashed to "Sprint" (Which I am unaware how that works) But inside the phone, it says "Sprint 14.0". I checked the MEID online, and it reads that it is clear and ready to active on VERISON. W T F do I do? I don't know that this requires a Jailbreak, I really am not sure what to do from this point. The dude I bought it from refuses to reply back to me (big surprise). I downloaded dumb Jailbreak programs and I don't have any idea what I am doing. Someone please help me before my brain explodes. BTW it's 6.1.3

The phone is Sprint, but the SIM may be Verizon. You can check which carrier it's locked to using IMEI checkers online. Jailbreaking will not hacktivate the device for you to use. If the device has a bad ESN/IMEI, the device is considered useless because one, you can't jailbreak the 4S on 6.1.3, two, the 4S cannot be hacktivated because its not exploitable at the bootrom level to deny the booting of the activation check.

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

I checked the IMEI MEID online and it said it was a VERISON number that was cleared for activation. Why id it showing Sprint on the phone? I seriously have no idea about any of this super technical stuff.

Please refrain from duplicate posting either in the same or different threads.

Insert either a valid Sprint or Verizon SIM and see which activates. If the IMEI checker said Verizon then it's Verizon.

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa