What's new

Music problem

metraman

Reaction score
I'm out of town and on a new computer. I down loaded iTunes and had plans to make a CD for a drive to Miami. I certainly have a lot to learn with syncing my phone. I now have 80 songs when before the sync I had over 900?? All my play lists are empty. I believe I have a backup on my computer at home but what the heck happened?
Thanks

Have you made sure that the file location of the music hasn't changed or isn't here because that'll stop the syncing because there not able to sync of iTunes haven't got the location correct

I'm not sure what you mean but when the phone synced i can see some on the computer but most are gone off my phone? Much of the music on my phone was not from Apple maybe it their way of telling me was doing something WRONG and deleted it? However I've done this procedure at home and not had an issue. I did get to burn the CD but not with all the music i wanted:) upon further investigation I'd see on my phone a book I purchased is no longer on my phone and is not on the computer either?
Thanks

Last edited:
You can only sync your iPhone with one iTunes library at a time. The computer you used before has all your songs and playlists, while the one you're using now, doesn't have them. That's why syncing with that computer removed most of your songs from the iPhone. I guess the ones that are still there, are purchased from the iTunes Store.

Thanks for the help I'm almost excited about going home but 80* is hard to leave.

As J.A mentioned. The 80 ish songs are likely purchased through the app store.

The rest of your stolen music is safe and sound on your computer at home. Don't worry.

As J.A mentioned. The 80 ish songs are likely purchased through the app store.

The rest of your stolen music is safe and sound on your computer at home. Don't worry.

Probably not stolen, just borrowed for a very-very long time

Now i think that will work i'll try it tomorrow night when i get home.
Thanks

I want to thank you all for the help everything is back.