Question about software update

mach1man

Member
Ok so I'm thinking of getting ready of my jailbreak to return to stock. I want my dad to have the phone that's why I'm losing jailbreak. Lol. If I update to the new software is that all I need to do?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
 
For the iPhone 5 I thought you just accepted the update and it erased jailbreak

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
 
The updates don't exactly matter above iOS 6.0.2 for the iPhone 5. 6.1.4 fixes a speaker/sound bug, but I don't see a difference at all. To wipe your jailbreak data, use ILEX RAT to do so, it'll revert it back to a freshly jailbroken stage.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/wiping-all-cydia-tweaks-without-restoring-rejailbreaking-56461/

As for your stock user data, you'll have to manually delete those.

Thanks willerz but I want to remove jailbreak and update to 6.1.4

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
 
Ok so I put it in dfu mode and restore? So that will update me to 6.1.4? What would happen if I just click update to 6.1.4 when I connect it to iTunes?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
 
If you click the restore button without putting it into DFU mode, you'll end up with 2 possibilities
  • boat loads of errors that can be prevented by putting your device into DFU mode
  • if you try enough times or use enough methods, you can brick your device
Convincing enough?
 
Yes sir. Thank you so much. So tonight I'll put it into DFU mode then restore. Thank you willerz

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
 
I just went from 6.1.2 jail broken and decide to update and remove the jailbreak. All I did was plug my phone into the computer and in iTunes download 6.1.4 and then did a backup and finally did the restore and everything was fine for me. That is how I have always done it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top