What's new

Question on how to pay for apps on cydia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylor4338

Reaction score
I'm still somewhat new to the iPhone world and just jailbroke my device the other night. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to purchase apps on cydia? I can't figure out if I gotta make an account somewhere or what. So Im still new on the iPhone and defiantly not familiar with a jailbroken iPhone yet so I'm taking it nice and slow. Any responses would b AWSOME even if it's not about the topic of this thread. Thanx

hello there.. It is very easy to pay for cydia apps, you can either use paypal and buy the app instantly or if you rather you can pay with amazon but this method takes longer and you have to wait for 30 minutes or so for the payment to process then it will allow you to pay for the app and download it, I would recommend paypal as it is quick and easy

Unleashed said:
hello there.. It is very easy to pay for cydia apps, you can either use paypal and buy the app instantly or if you rather you can pay with amazon but this method takes longer and you have to wait for 30 minutes or so for the payment to process then it will allow you to pay for the app and download it, I would recommend paypal as it is quick and easy

Huh????

30 minutes?

I pay via Amaozon...after I click "pay $x.xx now" I get a screen telling me the process is in transaction...no less then 5-6 seconds later I can install the package.

Where did you get this 30 minutes from?..

I have never had to wait for then 10 seconds to install a package I just paid for. And I have bought a lot of tweaks.

30 minutes is the top end time frame when having to deal with currency exchange rates.

Skull One said:
30 minutes is the top end time frame when having to deal with currency exchange rates.

I'm sure it is...but in my 4 years...never had to wait more the a few seconds...one time it took 30 seconds....but that was one time.

Paying through Amazon seems pretty fast to me.

Do you not get the "you payment is processing" screen for a few seconds when paying with Paypal?

You just click purchase, and the blue purchase button "instantly" turns to the install button?

And you are buying US good with US dollars. Of course that won't take more than a few seconds to process. The second you have to deal with currency exchange you have to wait to get the next "update" from the exchange rate system. The only way to by-pass that is to use a credit card to pay directly that is backed by a large bank that will deal with the spot market price fluctuations.

Skull One said:
And you are buying US good with US dollars. Of course that won't take more than a few seconds to process. The second you have to deal with currency exchange you have to wait to get the next "update" from the exchange rate system. The only way to by-pass that is to use a credit card to pay directly that is backed by a large bank that will deal with the spot market price fluctuations.

I have no idea what you just said.lol.

But yes...US it is.

What Other way is there besides using debit card through Amazon?..besides PayPal of coarse.

You can only buy Cydia tweaks with either PayPal or Amazon...which just takes from your debit card...and PayPal takes directly from your PayPal account...but have never heard of using Amazon being slow because of where one lives.

That is probably why. i use the uk amazon site and the last time I purchased an app I anded up waiting 30 minutes for it to process and download the file, as skull one mentions it is delayed due to currency exchange.. so for X amount of uk pounds how many us dollars that equals to so they wait for the next "update" to make sure it is a accurate amount.

i actually use a credit card on amazon rather then a debit card.. you get a better credit score each time you pay off the credit card on time. either way I still had to wait 30 minutes or so using amazon so I found using paypal to be much quicker and the better option.

Unleashed said:
That is probably why. i use the uk amazon site and the last time I purchased an app I anded up waiting 30 minutes for it to process and download the file, as skull one mentions it is delayed due to currency exchange.. so for X amount of uk pounds how many us dollars that equals to so they wait for the next "update" to make sure it is a accurate amount.

i actually use a credit card on amazon rather then a debit card.. you get a better credit score each time you pay off the credit card on time. either way I still had to wait 30 minutes or so using amazon so I found using paypal to be much quicker and the better option.

Okay I see...makes perfect senses

Amazon and PayPal do not use the credit cards built in exchange rate system because there is the potential to actually make extra money in the transaction. Exchange rates fluctuate at a very rapid rate. So they sometimes will get multiple quotes from different exchanges in the search for even a .1% extra margin on the transaction.

Unleashed said:

Yes I see amazon and pay pal but can't figure out how to set up an account for pay pal to even buy an app

I think there trying to figure out how to get the PayPal to begin with...and worry about linking the account to Cydia later.

thats what im talking about. what do you get free and paid. difference. i know its crack. and i said that the difference is the update are late on cracked apps. thats my question if what will be the advantage of paid and crack is only the delay in updates?...
And with this... we are going to close this thread. Discussion of cracked and/or pirated apps is NOT ALLOWED on this fourm... period!

Status
Not open for further replies.