What's new

Transfer my iphone to another person with apps.

musiclover77

Reaction score
I am going away from iphone, and am about to trade phones with someone on Craigslist. I am hoping there might be a way for me to transfer my apps along with my phone, all of which were purchased in the past 2 months. Is there a way to in bind my app purchases from my account and give them to the guy who trades for my phone? Any help appreciated!

Hi,

I don't think so.

The apps you downloaded are latched to your Apple I.D and your iTunes account.

Im sure your not going to want to share your Apple I.D and password with them either.

Last edited:
So, there is no way to transfer my apps to another account then? That is just lame. Once I trade this phone, those apps will just sink into the void, which is a shame.

I am going away from iphone, and am about to trade phones with someone on Craigslist. I am hoping there might be a way for me to transfer my apps along with my phone, all of which were purchased in the past 2 months. Is there a way to in bind my app purchases from my account and give them to the guy who trades for my phone? Any help appreciated!

I'm sorry, there's no way for you to transfer your apps or iTunes purchases to another iTunes account. The person you are trading phones with will have to buy or download them from iTunes under his own Apple ID.

So, there is no way to transfer my apps to another account then? That is just lame. Once I trade this phone, those apps will just sink into the void, which is a shame.

They'll still be there, waiting, if you get another iPhone or iPad in the future.