What's new

Unable to launch "Find my iPhone" app

ws2802

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just got myself an iPhone 4S and installed "Find My iPhone" app both on my Apple Computer at home and my office Windows Labtop. I followed all instructions. After installation / when I tried to test the utility , I double clicked on the "Find My iPhone" Application Icon (that s the green button) and absolutely nothing happens / same thing on the Apple and the Windows Computer.. No application with the dialogue boxes appers. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? (with me???? :))
thanks for your help / Werner

my understanding is it only works through ICLOUD maybe someone can verify this

go to settings> iCloud>/ there you can turn ON Find My Phone. Notice that you need to login iCloud using your iTunes account details. Once that's done, open up your internet web browser and head to www.icloud.com there you will be able to locate the position of your iPhone right from that page by selecting the "Find My Phone" icon.

Hello bab2010 / thanks very much for your directions. It s perfectly working using your method (launching the application from www.icloud.com). This is so confusing. During the installation to iTunes, there was an informatoin that only a maximum of 5 Computers can use the application. So I thought that application must be launched from iTunes / rather than from a website / as per your explanation.
Anyways / happy end and thanks again! best regards - Werner