What's new

Where do I begin?

mrgooch

Reaction score
I purchased an iPhone used 1 year ago. I only used it as an Ipod for music.I was on the Itunes site when the was an upgrade happening. Some how my ipone 14 went black and dead. I haven't been able to restart it using some of the common button pushes. Now what???

I purchased an iPhone used 1 year ago. I only used it as an Ipod for music.I was on the Itunes site when the was an upgrade happening. Some how my ipone 14 went black and dead. I haven't been able to restart it using some of the common button pushes. Now what???
I know it sounds obvious, but have you charged it?

Yes I did.
Your phone may have accidentally been put into DFU mode. if you plug it in iTunes may tell you that the phone needs to be restored. If it doesn’t you can try a forced restart. Press briefly Volume Up and the Volume Down and then hold down the On/Off button until the phone restarts (hopefully).

If you look for the iPhone icon in iTunes you should find the option to restore from a backup or to factory settings.

When I do I see a picture of the cord with an arrow pointing to a monitor. Wording on top " support.apple.com/phone/restore
That means your iPhone is in recovery mode. It should be possible to exit recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power button until the Apple logo appears. Your device will restart normally, if there are no other problems.

If it doesn‘t start, you‘ll have to connect your iPhone to a computer and update or restore it.

have been able to restore the phone to what appears to be normal,but I am having a horrible time signing in. I keep running into the wrong sign in or password combo. It is a terrible experience trying to to get signed in securely.I think I have to wait until tomorrow for further instructions.

Back