What's new

First iPhone, convince me to keep it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant compare the iphones battery to android. Android devices mostly have qhd display. Which has more impact on battery life

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Every post you have ever made prior to this one is knocking the iPhone and extolling the Android experience. And you use an Android device. I am wondering why you are here, in what is basically a forum to aid in the use of a product and software you eschew.

Okay, here's my $.02..... My first smartphone was an iPhone 4. I loved it. It MORE than served my needs. Then, time passes, and I begin to think its time for a free upgrade. All the hype regarding Samsung is beginning to have its effect and ATT offers me a free Samsung with a 14 day trial period.

Long story short - I only made it through 10 of those days before the Samsung (Android) had me pulling my hair out. I couldn't wait to get rid of it and get back to an iPhone. There were too many issues with it to list here. Suffice it to say I think I understand why there are so few apps available for Android compared to an iPhone - developers must go nuts trying to make them work on an Android.

In my mind, it's kinda like one of my brothers. His first exposure to anything online was with AOL. He's never tried anything else, never wanted to try anything else, never experienced anything but AOL so, to him, AOL is perfect. I think it's the same with folks who swear by Android.

I've had Android and iPhone, I would never go back to Android.
I always think that Samsung, HTC LG ect make some great handsets but are spoiled by the Android OS.

I've had Android and iPhone, I would never go back to Android.
I always think that Samsung, HTC LG ect make some great handsets but are spoiled by the Android OS.
That's the problem with any manufacturer of Android based cell phones. While they have complete control of the hardware design, no one has much control of the software.

Well my brother and father use iphones so i know how long the iphone battery lasts etc. With a LCD panel with half the resolution of a premium android device you would expect it to last longer. So all in all the android screen demolshes the apple display. I prefer display quality for that price. I can turbo charge my device so i would rather have crisp display rather than crap appl3 display

I've read quite a few recent posts and threads on an Android forum, and all I found there was that the battery life of iPhones is way better than on an Android device.
My own experience tells me that your information is not correct. I've owned Android devices until I purchased my first iPhone last year. You can't compare the battery life of an Android to an iPhone. I had to charge my Android every day, because the battery wouldn't have lasted any longer. My iPhone's battery lasts a few days.
Additionally, my daughter owns a new Android smartphone, so I can compare both devices.

However, the OP has made his decision and doesn't need to be convinced to use (or not use) his iPhone any more.

It's obvious that you prefer Android devices, that's why scifan57 provided a link to a forum where you can discuss Android features with like-minded members. iPhone Forums forum is trying to assist people using iPhones, many of them facing problems or bugs with their devices. Your comments haven't been helpful so far.

More of your posts will be welcome on iPhone Forums, if you try to help other members solving their problems, or provide correct information.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. Thats what i said that the iphone battery lasts longer than the android device due to the screen on the iphone not being as battery hungry. The screen on the premium android devices are much more crisp plus double the resolution.

That double resolution does not make for a sharper picture. Once the pixels are too small to be seen by the naked eye making them still smaller does not make the display any sharper. The super high pixel count of certain android devices is a marketing gimmick that has little real world benefit.

It may have escaped your notice but this is a forum dedicated to iPhones and helping our members and visitors get the most out of their devices. Since you have no apparent interest in anything other than promoting Android devices you may be happier on an Android Forum where the members will share your interest in all things Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.