What's new

Ios 7; What will you be looking for?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So iOS is getting a bit long in the tooth. What features would you like to see is the next version?

Let your imagination run wild.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

I'd have to say the two main things that I Jailbreak for... quick toggles for Wifi, Bluetooth, Etc. from the notifications drop down (SBSettings) and SMS/MMS quick reply and composition (BiteSMS.)

Agreed. I miss the toggles from android so I don't have to go through all those menus :)

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Toggles would be nice but just the simplicity that ios 5 had when i bought the phone..6 has been decent so far but in my opinion 5 was better somehow, i cant quite put my finger on it. Something just seems a bit laggy at times, but i will say i do like the VIP feature in the mailbox, and how they refined that a bit. Its nice for me now that i actually need to use my work email a billion times a day.

New maps would be Nice!

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I do agree about the toggles option on the android system really works well. Having to go through several steps just to turn on Wifi, bluetooth, or network settings for example can be cumbersome. It should just be a simple touch of a button for such often used options.

Also a BACK button or toggle would be nice. In case u want just to retrieve or go back one step instead of pressing the home button which sets u several steps back. This will also save home button wear and tear.

Widgets are nice but since iphone 5 IMO has tendency to experience quick battery drains I think this option would just be left unused. My iphone 4 battery has greater battery efficiency.

These are some thoughts IMO would help apple retain its dominance in the smartphone market. Also I think the future we will see a a larger screen iphone or at least the option of selecting one. Apple acquiesce to or for the demand of smaller ipad ie ipad mini so I think it fitting for apple to also give us a larger screen for its next iphone iteration. The beautiful retina display in a bigger screen would be incredible. Sorry I suppose this part is in wrong thread.

I have owned an iPhone 4, 4S and now 5. I can count on one hand how many times I have needed to turn off WiFi and Bluetooth. It still amazes me to no end that people simply just don't leave the features on since their impact on battery life is less than 1% in a 24 hour period.

Actually folks at apple store advice me to turn off those features as to help battery drain situation.

Apple community forums full of people with battery complaints. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4329696?start=0&tstart=0

And just about every single time it can be traced back to a configuration error, user error or application error. Because if you tell them to restore the phone, do not restore the back up and test for two days, magically everything works. But as soon as the restore the backup, the issue comes back.

The only thing I can think of is the addition of arrow keys on the screen keyboard. Split the space bar or use one of the ".?123" buttons to toggle an arrow keys board with arrows to move the cursor and "Home", "End," "Delete word", and/or other emacs features. I think this would be very handy.

I know the cursor can be moved with your finger but all to often I find that my finger covers up the magnifying glass.

Knock on wood I don't have that issue. :) and yes I'd love the toggles so sue me lol :)

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

More functional locked screen, launch apps without unlock screen