iPhone 16 Finewoven accessories?

iPhone 16 Finewoven accessories?

ThatTechyGuy

iPhoneForums News/Reviews
Staff member
Reaction score
Last year Apple discontinued all leather use in their products in favor of a new material called "Finewoven." It received a lot of backlash, and many people complained about it not holding up over a short amount of time. Joanna Stern of the WSJ famously came out and bashed Apple's new cases and wallets.

I have never been impressed with Apple's accessory selection. I used to buy Apple silicone cases and they always seemed to disintegrate within a few months. The only case that lasted an entire iPhone for me was the Apple Clear MagSafe case on the iPhone 14.

While it hasn't held up crazy good, my leather MagSafe wallet I purchased from Apple a year and a half ago still looks decent, and the patina of leather will always look better than fabric wear.

With all that being said, do you think Apple will continue to use Finewoven for its accessories? Could we see a new material? I doubt Apple would go back on their word and start making leather products again.

1724516497979.png

(image via CNET)

Based on the wear problems experienced by the FineWoven cases I think that they won’t be continued without changes.

Based on the wear problems experienced by the FineWoven cases I think that they won’t be continued without changes.
Hopefully! I imagine Apple will say something about it. I could also see it being left out and not mentioned at all.

Yes I've had the odd Spigen case, they're very decent ....
I've had the Spigen Vision Pro case in my cart multiple times, just haven't found the gumption to order it haha

Too expensive?
It's more affordable than the Apple branded case. I just haven't been able to justify the $80 for a case. My VP sits on my desk 95% of the time in it's protected cover that came with it.

It's more affordable than the Apple branded case. I just haven't been able to justify the $80 for a case. My VP sits on my desk 95% of the time in it's protected cover that came with it.
Ah ok :)

Latest posts

Back