Strange e-mail in new iPhone 15 set up

Strange e-mail in new iPhone 15 set up

westmaasmaarten

Reaction score
Hi there. Today I wanted to setup my new iPhone 15. (I come from an iPhone 8). At first there was a problem with the login screen (Stock on the sign in screen) and there was a suggestion on the internet to change the apple id pasword. So I did that. I did a new setup on my iPhone 15 but after a while there was this screen wich says that my other device (my iPhone 8) had purchases from the Apple Store with another Apple id e-mail adress [email protected] wich I do not recognize. Is my iPhone 15 compromised? Or my old iPhone 8? And what should I do? I stopped the setup here. Please help.
IMG_7520.jpeg

Hi there. Today I wanted to setup my new iPhone 15. (I come from an iPhone 8). At first there was a problem with the login screen (Stock on the sign in screen) and there was a suggestion on the internet to change the apple id pasword. So I did that. I did a new setup on my iPhone 15 but after a while there was this screen wich says that my other device (my iPhone 8) had purchases from the Apple Store with another Apple id e-mail adress [email protected] wich I do not recognize. Is my iPhone 15 compromised? Or my old iPhone 8? And what should I do? I stopped the setup here. Please help. View attachment 115040
Did you buy the phone from someone else? It sounds as if they maybe didn’t sign out properly.

Hi there. Today I wanted to setup my new iPhone 15. (I come from an iPhone 8). At first there was a problem with the login screen (Stock on the sign in screen) and there was a suggestion on the internet to change the apple id pasword. So I did that. I did a new setup on my iPhone 15 but after a while there was this screen wich says that my other device (my iPhone 8) had purchases from the Apple Store with another Apple id e-mail adress [email protected] wich I do not recognize. Is my iPhone 15 compromised? Or my old iPhone 8? And what should I do? I stopped the setup here. Please help. View attachment 115040
I’ve seen that before. This normally happens if you’ve downloaded any content onto your old phone through someone else’s Apple ID.

Ex: My friend Bob has purchased an album on iTunes that I want. So I sign out of my Apple ID, and into Bobs Apple ID on my phone. Then I download bobs album on my phone while he is signed. Then I sign out, and sign back into my account. Now I can still listen to album without being signed in.

Does that sound familiar? It could have been with any content, ebooks, apps, movies, etc. You can always skip signing in I believe.

That doesn’t sound like activation lock to me.

Thanx for the responses! I just went ahead and completer the setup. Allthough I bought both iPhones new and I was the sole owner. Everything works fine and I hope I don’t loose all my crypto😰
If you do try to use the content that requires someone else's Apple ID, it will tell you to sign in. Then you will know what was downloaded.

Latest posts

Back