Strange iPhone 6 problems

Strange iPhone 6 problems

MikeRavensden

Reaction score
Hi, folks. My wife's old iPhone 6 just started having 4 problems: the left margin has disappeared on some search results pages; a large magnifying glass appears on some search results; large up & down arrows appear on those search results; and some pages display blurred images. I've attached a pic combining screen shots of those 4 problems, taken with my phone. I've gone through all the settings with a fine tooth comb but can find nothing. Any ideas, anyone?
Thanks & regards,
Mike.

Attachments

• problems.jpg
    problems.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 9
Hi, folks. My wife's old iPhone 6 just started having 4 problems: the left margin has disappeared on some search results pages; a large magnifying glass appears on some search results; large up & down arrows appear on those search results; and some pages display blurred images. I've attached a pic combining screen shots of those 4 problems, taken with my phone. I've gone through all the settings with a fine tooth comb but can find nothing. Any ideas, anyone?
Thanks & regards,
Mike.
You could try hard-restarting the phone. Hold down both the Home Button and On/Off Button. The screen will go black. Once the Apple logo appears - let go and the phone will start up again.

What browser are you using? The default safari? Or some other third party app?

Sounds like this could be an accessibility setting in the browser that maybe got turned on by accident?

Thanks, ThatTechGuy. She usually uses Google and that's where she was when the problems appeared. I just tried Safari on those pages and it does, indeed, fix the margin and large magnifying glass / arrows problems. The blurred pics, however, remain. Thinking of upgrading her phone for her birthday - XR?...
Regards,
Mike.

Thanks, ThatTechGuy. She usually uses Google and that's where she was when the problems appeared. I just tried Safari on those pages and it does, indeed, fix the margin and large magnifying glass / arrows problems. The blurred pics, however, remain. Thinking of upgrading her phone for her birthday - XR?...
Regards,
Mike.
I've been searching and I can't figure out why some images are blurred. I'm glad that the other problems are at least limited to Chrome though!

XR would be a decent upgrade, although it is already unsupported on iOS 18..
Maybe an iPhone SE? Then at least you will still have the home button!

I've been searching and I can't figure out why some images are blurred. I'm glad that the other problems are at least limited to Chrome though!

The XR does run iOS 18, but it may be the last main software update that it will support.

Regards,
Mike.
The XR does run iOS 18, but it may be the last main software update that it will support. If you can afford it, I would buy your Wife a newer iPhone.

Thank you everyone. I hadn't noticed that the XR didn't have a Home button. Doh! I see that a lot of people like the phones without the button, but I think she'd be more comfortable with a replacement that had one - so I'll probably go for an SE 2...

Latest posts

Back