What is the purpose of having older versions of the iOS available?
I thought I'd be able to update (a 4S) from 6.1 to 7.0 rather than a typical update to 7.1. But I'm told I can only update to the latest version currently available.
The list is also good for those who own older devices that can't be updated to the latest iOS version. They can use these files when restoring their devices.What is the purpose of having older versions of the iOS available? I thought I'd be able to update (a 4S) from 6.1 to 7.0 rather than a typical update to 7.1. But I'm told I can only update to the latest version currently available.
You find the model number on the back of your iPhone, and this should help identifying your device.if I cant get into the general setting because the iphone5c has gone into update or recovery mode via itunes , is there a way to tell other than what you have told people in the first post ?
If you manage to get your iPhone (in this case not connected to iTunes) out of recovery mode, then it's possible to keep 8.4.1 installed. There's no full functioning jailbreak for that software, as far as I know.i have done a dianostic report and its running firmware 8.4.1, so Can I still run the original firmware ?
I have already answered the first part of your question. Please take a look at my previous post.i have done a dianostic report and its running firmware 8.4.1, so Can I still run the original firmware ?
anyway here is what my phone has
Quote ( UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 )
what would it be ?
also you said ( The .ipsw file for that software )
what is this what does it do ?
I have already answered the first part of your question. Please take a look at my previous post.
What is your iPhone's model number? That's important.
An .ipsw-file is an iOS firmware restore/update file. It's a renamed .zip file. You need the right .ipsw file for your iPhone, or else it won't be possible to restore or update the iPhone. iTunes uses these files to update or restore iDevices.
iTunes downloads and installs the right version automatically when you update, so you don't have to search for it and download it to your computer.
In that case you would need the .ipsw-file for iPhone 5,4.sorry , A1529