What's new

Voice Memos app crash

Jack_Bikes

Reaction score
This is a rarely used app, but I have a few older recordings. I played one and then deleted it. There was one with 0 time, so I deleted that one too. Then the app crashed. Tried to open it and it just quit. Tried it again and it just quits right away. Anyone ever had this happen to the Apple Voice Memos app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Wow, no one has had this issue? Could I possibly be the only one or just the only one using the App. haha...I downloaded another, (non-Apple) voice recorder app. The Apple one still crashes. Does this situation sound like something that someone at an Apple store might be able to fix?

Sometimes an app can get stuck in a very bad state that requires a reboot (like a PC) to fix it. So reboot your phone by holding the home and power button at the same time till the Apple logo appears. Release the buttons and then retry the app once the phone finishes rebooting.

Good suggestion, alas it didn't work. I wonder how an App can go bad. Stray neutrinos? Thanks anyway.

Well OS7 has provided a brand new voice recorder app. Interesting that the old one stopped working a bit before the OS was released. Who knew? (Besides me). Well at least my old voice memos are still with the new app. Bye.