What's new

Will Jailbreak void my iPhone4 warranty?

bab2010 said:
What is a carrier update? What is a firmware update or update?

A firmware update is what you get when you upgrade in iTunes.

Carrier settings updates are small files (about 10k) that are downloaded from iTunes to be installed on your iPhone or iPad Wi-Fi + 3G. The carrier settings can include updates to the default APN (how the device accesses the carrier's cellular data network). The carrier settings for iPhone also include special dialing codes at Settings > Phone > [Carrier] Services, default settings for Stocks, Maps, Weather, and other items.

bab2010 said:

Carrier settings updates are small files (about 10k) that are downloaded from iTunes to be installed on your iPhone or iPad Wi-Fi + 3G. The carrier settings can include updates to the default APN (how the device accesses the carrier's cellular data network). The carrier settings for iPhone also include special dialing codes at Settings > Phone > [Carrier] Services, default settings for Stocks, Maps, Weather, and other items.

This :)

bab2010 said:

Ok I got it. Thank very much :)

Thanks Guys. See you after Carrier Update and then Jailbreaking.

Carrier updates happen just like software updates. If there is a carrier update available a pop-up will show up in iTunes when you connect your phone that says "there is a carrier update available"

Jmills87 said:
Carrier updates happen just like software updates. If there is a carrier update available a pop-up will show up in iTunes when you connect your phone that says "there is a carrier update available"

That's what I thought. I thought you were talking about a way to manually do it.

You can do it manually as well, the same way you would restore a firmware except you would select the carrier update instead of the firmware, but since iTunes does it automatically there's really no reason to

Jmills87 said:
You can do it manually as well, the same way you would restore a firmware except you would select the carrier update instead of the firmware, but since iTunes does it automatically there's really no reason to

Ok...

Jailbreaking does void the warranty. If you need to make a claim reverse it. If you jailbroke your phone and send it in for service...you will get the phone sent back.

Hey. Jailbreaking will void your warranty but if you need to send to apple for repair just do a restore in iTunes. I jailbroke my iPhone 4 white the day i got it.

lol..three post that all suggest the same thing. we all know that jb'ing voids the warranty but in reality it doesn't because it's reversible. now if it wasn't reversible i'd state the opposite