What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

iOS 6 jailbreak update on the minute.

Still no video demo of untether from any of the devs. They're breaking protocol here asking us to believe without video proof. They've always given video proof in past. :(

It'll probably be released with the release of the jailbreak itself. In the past, the only time that the dev team has ever released a copy of RedSn0w for testing or a video themselves would be when they have RedSn0w up and running and just waiting for their assigned release date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

It'll probably be released with the release of the jailbreak itself. In the past, the only time that the dev team has ever released a copy of RedSn0w for testing or a video themselves would be when they have RedSn0w up and running and just waiting for their assigned release date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 
This is not my recollection at all, willerz. I've been watching jailbreaks since the beginning. The first thing we always see, every time, is a video of Cydia running on a devs phone. Then we wait anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months for them to get the public package ready. With 4.2.8's jb you saw the video within a couple of days of the Apple update coming out. pod2 and boyz are pretty hypin' when it come to showin' off a new jailbreak and they post it almost immediately as it was contest. LOL!! So until I see a video with Cydia on the screen I know we're still a long ways away from the public untether, bro.

We simply cannot compare iOS 4 Jailbreaks to the iOS 6 Jailbreak. The available exploits & timeframes are vastly different. Therefore, video proof from our Devs is going to come at a completely different time than it would have w/ iOS 4.x.x. IMO, we're still months from an Untethered 6.x.x JB....

We simply cannot compare iOS 4 Jailbreaks to the iOS 6 Jailbreak. The available exploits & timeframes are vastly different. Therefore, video proof from our Devs is going to come at a completely different time than it would have w/ iOS 4.x.x. IMO, we're still months from an Untethered 6.x.x JB....
I completely agree that we're months away but in my view it's precisely because of the reason I outlined - proof of an untether on a Dev phone comes first / then a long wait til the public release just like 5.1.1. Maybe we're saying something similar. Not sure--:D

Planetbeing says he already has an untether of 6.0.2 running on his iP5. But I'll only believe when I see the video.

Last edited:
Planetbeing is synonymous w/ saying he has something "up and running..." and rarely ever shows proof. 😔

i just cant waittttttttttttttttttttttttttt...but then all tweaks on ios6 some are works SMH.......

Planetbeing is synonymous w/ saying he has something "up and running..." and rarely ever shows proof. 😔
My memory is different then. But I sure hope YOU'RE right on this one!

I created a thread to ask this but perhaps here is better. I want to jb my iPhone 4 on 4.0.2. Is Limera1n the best way to do this? I cannot see another option.

I created a thread to ask this but perhaps here is better. I want to jb my iPhone 4 on 4.0.2. Is Limera1n the best way to do this? I cannot see another option.
An even better question to start off with... why are you still sitting @ 4.0.2? 😄

Just never updated. Is Limera1n ok to use?

Limera1n is okay to use. But I advise against jailbreaking below iOS 5 because as I said in your other thread, 9 out of 10 apps now require iOS 5 if not 4.3.3+, so you're going to have next to no support for most applications from the AppStore. And, many of the tweaks and apps from Cydia itself also requires iOS 5, so you'll be limited in the pool of tweaks and apps from both Cydia and the AppStore