What are you doing right NOW??? ;)

What are you doing right NOW??? ;)

Apple seem to be very tight lipped with regard to AI becoming available in the UK. The UK have not been part of the EU for some time now, and as such has been left in the lurch with no definite date set.
Although the UK do not now come under the EU’s Digital Markets Act (DMA) since leaving the EU, it does have a similar act, the UK Digital Markets, Competition and Consumers Act (DMCC Act) which comes into force this month (Oct ‘24), and although comparable to the EU’s DMA, there are differences.
If you’re interested, the ‘Techpolicy.press’ can explain the differences better than I can.

Apple seem to be very tight lipped with regard to AI becoming available in the UK. The UK have not been part of the EU for some time now, and as such has been left in the lurch with no definite date set.
Although the UK do not now come under the EU’s Digital Markets Act (DMA) since leaving the EU, it does have a similar act, the UK Digital Markets, Competition and Consumers Act (DMCC Act) which comes into force this month (Oct ‘24), and although comparable to the EU’s DMA, there are differences.
If you’re interested, the ‘Techpolicy.press’ can explain the differences better than I can.
I'm beginning to feel very disillusioned with Apple, all these problems should have been ironed out long before the release of iPhone 16 and IOS 18.

I'm beginning to feel very disillusioned with Apple, all these problems should have been ironed out long before the release of iPhone 16 and IOS 18.
You're not the only one. The biggest feature they are advertising is Apple Intelligence, which was not available at the time of release and is still not available a month later. It's on every commercial, yet it won't be available in international markets for the foreseeable future.

You're not the only one. The biggest feature they are advertising is Apple Intelligence, which was not available at the time of release and is still not available a month later. It's on every commercial, yet it won't be available in international markets for the foreseeable future.
People are feeling they've been almost tricked into upgrading to iPhone 16.

Apple needs to get this sorted out and fast, it just isn't good enough!
And the crazy thing is, even when iOS 18.1 is released, it will still not have any of the super awesome Apple Intelligence features that they advertise. No Genmoji, no ChatGPT integration, no system-wide Intelligence features. The only "useful" feature in iOS 18.1 is the notification summaries. Even the new Siri isn't that mind-blowing to me.

And the crazy thing is, even when iOS 18.1 is released, it will still not have any of the super awesome Apple Intelligence features that they advertise. No Genmoji, no ChatGPT integration, no system-wide Intelligence features. The only "useful" feature in iOS 18.1 is the notification summaries. Even the new Siri isn't that mind-blowing to me.
I agree, as you say over there.... It sucks...
There will be those who might have been waiting to buy iPhone 16 for Christmas, I wonder if this will impact sales?

I agree, as you say over there.... It sucks...
There will be those who might have been waiting to buy iPhone 16 for Christmas, I wonder if this will impact sales?
I don't think it will affect sales, the people that want a new iPhone for Christmas are still likely to want a new iPhone. Even if they are upgrading on the promise that these features come out one day.

Latest posts

Back